Health & Safety and Environment Manager (field based Kazakhstan)
We have an immediate opening for a Health & Safety and Environment Manager (field based Kazakhstan) to join a focused and results driven Health & Safety team in a global multi-national project.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experience H&S professional, who is confident to effectively manage the Health & Safety and Environment issues for Kazakhstan Copper Mine Construction Project.
Reporting into the Head of Health & Safety and Environment, the HSE Manager will be responsible for the hazard identification, risk assessment and determination of controls for Prime Contractor.
The role includes a wide range of responsibilities, such as to:
· Responsible for Health & Safety and Environmental issues for Copper Mine Construction Project.
· Ensure Prime Contractor is aware of any Health & Safety and Environmental regulations related to project activities.
· Influence the Project Health & Safety and Environmental performance through proper assistant, support, awareness and communication in order to achieve adherence and compliance.
· Make sure policies and procedures are fit for the purpose and applied for ensuring health and safety of all employees, contractors and visitors to the company related to project activities.
· Audit that all staff are sufficiently trained and competent in their Health & Safety and Environmental responsibilities
· Assess, monitor and control the Company’s risks to Health & Safety and Environment
· Provide advice on Health & Safety and Environmental matters related to project activities
· Audit thee infrastructure and the working environment provision conformity to Health & Safety and Environment international standards, legislations & regulations, applicable policies.
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Architect
· 10-15 years of experience in the Construction Industry
· 6-10 years of experience in the HSE, at least 2 years in Managerial Positions
· Experience in Industrial Projects (experience in Russian Federation and CIS Countries will be plus)
· Very good command of written and spoken English (Russian/Kazakh will be plus)
· Excellent analytical skills and multi-task orientation
· Presentational skills with the ability to influence others to effect change in a positive manner
· Familiarity in multinational working environment
· Persuasiveness and assertiveness
· Knowledge of MS Office applications
If you’re interested in joining a company who can offer you a rewarding role as well as opportunities, please submit your application on our Careers web page
To apply please click on the ‘BIR ENGINEERING’s Website’ link below